The Gables School staff is committed to creating a school culture that is safe, kind and respectful; where students will become confident, resourceful learners. We share a vision of a strong community of practice where teachers work, plan, and think together, constantly try to outgrow our best ideas, rely on research, and respond to our students. The leaders and teachers believe strongly in professional learning, as a part of the educational community.
We believe that, with support from our entire school community, our students will:
- Read strategically, fluently, and with expression.
- Read with engagement and enthusiasm; and engage in meaningful conversations about books.
- Read with comprehension, write with skill, and communicate effectively and responsibly in a variety of ways and settings.
- Know and apply the standards and principles of mathematics, social studies, science, health, and fitness.
- Think analytically, logically, and creatively; and integrate experiences to form reasoned judgments and solve problems.
- Understand the importance of work and how performance, effort, and decisions directly affect their future educational opportunities and ultimately, careers.
- Develop a concern for the environment, the local and global communities, and the future and wellbeing of others.
- Self-assess their learning and performance to set goals for improvement. They will use these goals to create an appropriate plan of action.
We create classroom environments in which our students can work, learn, and play. Students use meaningful feedback from assessments to understand what success looks like and how to improve next time, resulting in prospering students who are prepared for the challenges of the 21st century.
Revised March 2018