National Association for the Education of Young ChildrenNAEYC’s new For Families website is a powerful resource that you can use in your work with young children and their families. It includes a wealth of research-based information about children’s learning and development that families can trust, including:
- A column by Drs. T. Berry Brazelton and Joshua Sparrow about the meaning behind young children’s behaviors
- Information about NAEYC Accreditation and the 10 NAEYC Program Standards
- An NAEYC-Accredited program search
- A guide for families on what to look for in a child care program
- Creative learning ideas for families to try at home
Use the site to find timely articles and information to share with families and for all your family engagement needs. You can also help to spread the word by letting parents and colleagues know about this important new resource. For more information, visit families.naeyc.org.