District, Superintendent & Board Goals 2017 - 2018District Goals
- Provide a physically and emotionally safe, secure, and responsive environment for students and staff through continued attention to district safety planning and training as well as to school culture.
- Provide support for students and increase teacher capacity in the area of reading instruction.
- Implement phase two of one-to-one technology device roll-out, complete with training.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures in the area of human resources.
- Employ efficient and effective fiscal management practices.
- Strengthen communications practice to promote the positive work that happens in the district.
- The Board of Education will monitor and support the District’s progress toward achieving the 2017-2018 District Goals.
- The Board of Education is committed to participating in open and constructive communication and information-sharing among Board members, and between the Board and the Superintendent, as well as to reinforcing effective and efficient chain of command procedures.
- The Board of Education recognizes that our District parents and overall community are integral partners in the success of our students. Consequently, the Board of Education will continue to build positive relations with the entire Neptune community of learners by exploring and implementing measures to improve two-way communications, provide a transparent decision-making process, and encourage community involvement.
- Board of Education members are encouraged to increase their knowledge and skills as Board members, taking advantage of resources offered by the national, state and county school board associations. Each Board member is encouraged to attend at least one MCSBA meeting and work toward acquiring credits each year.
- The Board of Education is committed to identifying the district’s long-term needs with the Superintendent and establishing appropriate planning to address them.